Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Under My Skin Rant

Sigh. I hate Under My Skin. Why I hate Under My Skin? Let me guess, RCA. That’s right, RCA. RCA ruined Under my Skin. That’s why I hate Under My Skin. I mean, why fans loved Under My Skin? That album is so annoying. It’s getting on my nerves. Now, let’s talk about why I hate Under my Skin. But before I talk about my rant on Under my Skin, I love Avril Lavigne. 2002, Arista, Let Go, Complicated, The Matrix, early 2000s. That’s right, that’s the Avril Lavigne that I grew up with the most ever since 2002. Let’s not forget the hilarious Avril Lavigne song that fans hate from early 2007, Girlfriend. That was a great Avril Lavigne song from 2007. It’s too bad that this hilarious song lost a lot of her fans by mid 2007. Oh well. OK, let’s talk about why I hate Under My Skin, the second Avril Lavigne album.


In 2004, Avril Lavigne released the Under My Skin, which was another angsty pop/rock album, some songs even reminded me a bit of Evanescence (Take Me Away, her best song ever?). I mean, why some songs even reminded me a bit of Evanescence? How about no. Let’s continue. Lyrically a lot of the songs were about how she wasn't going to take nothing from guys (the first three singles, Don't Tell Me, My Happy Ending, and Nobody’s Home), and all-around it was just a stupid album and this was more messy than Let Go. I mean, why Under My Skin was more mature and personal than Let Go? I personally think Let Go was more mature and personal than Under My Skin. The songs off of Let Go like Sk8er Boi and Losing Grip is ten times better than Under My Skin’s awful songs like Don’t Tell me and Nobody’s Home. I also thought this was when she looked her best? She started dressing more feminine but still edgy at the same time, and her hair and make-up looked fantastic (although she got a little too eyeliner happy in this particular photo)? To fans, this is when Avril Lavigne was really maturing as an artist and ACTUALLY BEING HERSELF if she lost a huge fanbase with her second album during 2004. The only problem here though was that she was still dissing Britney Spears for no reason... and Hilary Duff.

Worse, GP like MTV had no interest to Under My Skin. That’s right, MTV like TRL had no interest to Under My Skin during 2004. That’s because Avril Lavigne lost a huge fanbase with Under My Skin. My Happy Ending should have retired, and Nobody’s Home was just robbed all together. No He Wasn’t music video for the US in 2005 and the singles including her number 1 2004 single, My Happy Ending, did horribly compared to Let Go singles like Complicated. Then it got worse, RCA ruined Under My Skin. I hate RCA. RCA ruined Avril Lavigne after 2002 including Under My Skin. What happened to Avril Lavigne? I liked Let Go, she used to make decent pop-rock.

That’s where Avril Lavigne’s discography started to get worse and worse thanks to RCA for ruining Under my Skin during 2004. Her fifth album is utter garbage, and this Hello Kitty song is the worst. I can't see the day when anticlimactic, offbeat, dubstep stupidity disappear from pop music. That day I'll be able to turn the radio on. I'm talking about the kind of headache-inducing garbage sound that can be found in pop songs like Starships by Nicky Minaj, Dark Horse by Katy Perry and this latest Hello Kitty. Avril Lavigne is pretty awful since 2004 thanks to Under My Skin and RCA for ruining Avril Lavigne ten years ago. She went bubblegum pop with an edge by the time fans hated Girlfriend in 2007 after GP lost interest to Avril Lavigne in 2004 with the success of Under My Skin before the US has moved on to other artists after 2003 like Kelly Clarkson and Taylor Swift.

Not only that, late 90s and early 2000s don't seem to care about Avril Lavigne and other late 90s/early 2000s like Spice Girls. Popular music only appeals artists that debut in the late 90s/early 2000s like Britney Spears, Pink, Kelly Clarkson and Beyonce. Speaking of Britney Spears, it appears that Britney Spears and bigger and longer than Avril Lavigne. Plus, Britney Spears sold better albums and performs on the radio better than Avril Lavigne. Plus, even though Britney Spears is having trouble competing Avril Lavigne during 2002 and 2003, 2003's In The Zone can shut down Avril Lavigne's popularity by 2004 before Under My Skin released. Thus, In The Zone is more successful than Under My Skin throughout 2004 and In The Zone released in 2003 before Under My Skin released in 2004. Plus, Toxic is way more important than My Happy Ending. Which is why Britney Spears is much more successful than Avril Lavigne. Avril Lavigne only appeals early 2000s and Japan despite Avril Lavigne, like Britney Spears, has her own Vevo account. Thus, Avril Lavigne disappeared after 2003 before Avril Lavigne's declining happens in 2004 causing Britney Spears is more popular again from 2004 onwards and damages Avril Lavigne's 2004-2013 outputs like Girlfriend.

That’s why Avril Lavigne will never top Let Go with her other albums after Let Go including Under My Skin, but c'mon, each album after those two had at least a few solid tracks. The biggest problem with her is that instead of progressing and growing artistically, she does anything but that. Arista should’ve manufactured Under my Skin on its own during 2004. But no, RCA market Under My Skin instead of Arista who worked on the album in 2003 because RCA doesn't care about Avril Lavigne like Girlfriend and also because of Sony and BGM merging together in 2004 for allowing Sony/BGM artists like Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson to merge together which can easily affect Avril Lavigne, Arista, and Under my Skin. Thus, Under My Skin is definitely the start of Avril Lavigne’s declining in 2004, not Girlfriend which lost tons of Avril Lavigne’s fans in 2007. Goodbye Lullaby was a welcome small step forward (with songs such as Wish You Were Here, Push or Goodbye), but no, Goodbye Lullaby’s bratty songs, What The Hell and Smile ruined her comeback and her number 1 singles at the same time. And with this self-titled album she didn't do anything new or substantial. Working with Chad Kroeger didn't help, of course. Thus, Sony has moved on to other Sony artists like Beyonce and Justin Timberlake because Sony can’t stand Avril Lavigne since 2004. Boy, if only Arista still opened after 2011 instead of shutting down during that year, then Avril Lavigne is happy about Arista being her main label instead of the dreadful RCA or the awful Epic. Stupid Avril Lavigne's discography after 2002 like Goodbye Lullaby.


I understand why music listeners are very proud of music artists like Britney Spears based on their works for herself and other A-List artists but, so unfortunately, they never realize how many songs from Under My Skin which are better than other 2004 songs like Snoop Dogg's Drop It Like It's Hot are usually banned and aren't considered as singles, that is why people haven't got noticed other great songs out of every Under My Skin like Slipped Away and Fall To Pieces. All we could blame is RCA because RCA made bad single decision to the singles. Yet, other artists like Usher has been free to choose what the singles they exactly wants.

Don't ever say Avril Lavigne writing in worse coz I'm sure she's been skilled, just listening to Take Me Away, Together, How Does It Feel, Forgotten, Who Knows, Fall to Pieces, Freak Out, Slipped Away, those single-worthy tracks. However, RCA just screw all of them, it doesn't mean those songs not existed. I understand that this is my opinion.

For the materials wrote for other pop singers, I believe Avril Lavigne could handle that job perfectly. The production idea of the second album, Under my Skin, was from Avril Lavigne and Chantal Kreviazuk. A person could think of that way to recreate a song to be such matched with the vibe itself and surprising, not got to the negative to the job. Remember, she just doesn't want to write songs for others, it doesn't mean that she can't. When she promise to do that, it usually turns out great as the Let Go singles like Im With You. But RCA blew it.


The next part that I can't stand is My Happy Ending. My Happy Ending? First of all, why My Happy Ending was the second single off of Under My Skin? It appears that My Happy Ending was written and produced by her and Butch Walker. The song returned Under My Skin to number one in Canada for several weeks, and to the top five in Germany, the UK, Australia, and other European countries. It was her fourth No. 1 single on the U.S. Mainstream Top 40 and was her second platinum single since 2002's Complicated. The song became a worldwide hit. Why My Happy Ending was Avril Lavigne's fourth No. 1 single on the U.S. Mainstream Top 40? Number 1 peak is not a good peak for My Happy Ending and yet My Happy Ending did. Why, My Happy Ending, why? I'm sick of My Happy Ending It was smart enough that My Happy Ending did not reach number 1 on TRL in 2004. Good one, MTV and TRL. Not only that, no My Happy Ending for 2004 MTV Video Music Awards. Why MTV Video Music Awards Avril Lavigne appearance only have 2002/2003/2007? Why 2004 MTV Video Music Awards Avril Lavigne appearance only have Don't Tell Me's 2004 MTV VMAs nomination? Avril Lavigne is suppose to perform My Happy Ending at the 2004 MTV VMAs. But no, MTV blew it. I guess MTV hates My Happy Ending in 2004. Stupid My Happy Ending.

Now let's talk about the singles off of Under My Skin. It appears that Avril Lavigne singles started to have wrong choices since 2004 including Under My Skin singles like Don't Tell Me. Under My Skin singles like Nobody's Home had no Avril Lavigne's sophomore singles and only have post 2002 singles and speaking of Nobody's Home, the song can get easily walled against Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone and Nobody's Home peaked at number 41 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts behind Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw which came out in 2006. Take He Wasn't for instance.


OK, He Wasn't, the fourth and final single from Avril Lavigne's second album, Under My Skin. Despite He Wasn't released as the fourth and final single from Under My Skin, it was not released in the United States while the song was released internationally. Because He Wasn't was not released in the United States, instead, Fall to Pieces was released as the fourth single from the album in North America and select European markets on June 7, 2005. There is no music video for Fall to Pieces, because the shoot for the video was cancelled. Curse you, Sony and RCA. He Wasn't is the only Under My Skin bratty song to date. He Wasn't is such a hilarious song. But for some reason the song did not released in the US while is was released internationally in UK, Germany and Australia. Heck the song even released in Japan as the third single in June 2004. I mean, why US hates Avril Lavigne like To Never Growing Up and only appeals other countries like Japan? Why He Wasn't's music video can't air on MTV? US is a perfect time to release He Wasn't as a late Under My Skin single. But RCA blew it. He Wasn't should've worked well as a late Under My Skin single in the US during 2005. But no, He Wasn't only released in other countries instead of the US which He Wasn't should've been released on. Curse you, RCA. That's why I will never trust post 2002 singles like Don't Tell Me again. I'm glad I'm sticking with the Let Go era and Girlfriend. They're both better than the messy Under My Skin era.

Overall, Under My Skin is a huge mess. The sophomore album don't feel like a sophomore album at all. It feels more like a post Let Go album than a sophomore Avril Lavigne album which is disappointing for an actual sophomore album or an Avril Lavigne album. RCA ruined Under My Skin is made by Arista appearance. The image is awful. The songs like Together and Forgotten feels more like post 2002 songs than actual Avril Lavigne songs. MTV had no interest to this mess in 2004. Under My Skin lost many people except for fans. The album didn't age well since 10 years ago. Under My Skin singles' US releases only have Don't Tell Me/My Happy Ending/Nobody's Home. He Wasn't single did not release in the US in 2005. No Grammy nominations for Under My Skin in the 2005 Grammys. Why fans love this mess from 2004? Why, Avril's fans, why? That's it, I'm sticking with other sophomore albums like Spice World and Fearless. Why? Because other sophmore albums like ...Oops I Did It Again and other sophomore singles like A Girl Like Me singles is ten times better than Under My Skin and its singles like My Happy Ending. Sophomore albums is a perfect time for artists to get better, but Avril Lavigne blew it. Thus, I'm gonna stick with Avril Lavigne that goes by early 2000s/2002/Complicated/Arista/Let Go/Number 1 Avril Lavigne songs like Sk8er Boi/Girlfriend. I will never trust Under My Skin again. I'm gonna break Under My Skin into pieces until no more. So long Under My Skin. *breaks Under My Skin into pieces* Stupid Under My Skin along with other stupid post 2002 Avril Lavigne outputs not named Girlfriend like Goodbye Lullaby. I will never want to see you again. >:(

No comments:

Post a Comment