Friday, February 20, 2015

Nobody Wants To Collaborate With Kelly Clarkson

Remember that Kelly Clarkson gets to collaborate with Bruno Mars? Well, apparently, nobody want to work with Kelly Clarkson for a collabo. Gee, I wonder why. Well, let's find out why nobody wants to collaborate with Kelly Clarkson.


Good thing she's Miss Independent! Kelly Clarkson revealed in a new interview with BBC Radio 1 that she has a tough time getting other artists to record with her.

So during an interview for BBC Radio 1′s Breakfast Show (via UsWeekly) Kelly Clarkson told Nick Grimshaw that she has a difficult time finding anyone who wants to record anything with her. Though the 32-year-old "Since U Been Gone" singer has won three GRAMMYs and has had two number one albums, in a recent interview with BBC Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw, she reveals that "everyone usually says no" when she asks to collaborate with them. Those lousy people! Have they already forgotten about “Since U Been Gone” from 2004? RUDE. Kelly Clarkson has a new album coming out next month called Piece by Piece, and she confessed that she has no trouble getting country people to sing with her and she was able to get John Legend, but other than that, nobody seems to be answering their phones. That, or they’re afraid they’ll catch something from her:

"I honestly would collaborate with a lot of people, but everyone usually says no. I’m not kidding you. I have legitimately asked several people that I’m not going to call out, and that’s cool, but I don’t know. I ask good people, I don’t want to sing with crap people, so I mean, I ask people who are great vocalists, but I’m not going to point out anyone. I have asked several people. Sometimes I feel like I have the plague, or leprosy, they’re like, ‘If you get too close…’ I don’t know."

"I ask good people, I don't want to sing with crap people, so I mean, I ask people who are great vocalists, but I'm not going to point out anyone," she adds. "I have asked several people ... Sometimes I feel like I have the plague, or leprosy, they're like, 'If you get too close ...' I don't know."

Apparently, not everyone is a fan of original American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson as Kelly Clarkson doesn’t have the plague, but her albums haven’t featured any major duets, which seems a little weird in this day and age. Poor Kelly! The powerhouse singer is a known for her amazing vocals and even scored herself a Grammy in 2004 for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Who wouldn't want to work with her?! Collaborations tend to be extremely popular, and it sounds like she has really wanted to be a participant in something like that. Recently, she managed to get John Legend on board — and that’s something that she is super excited about.


Thankfully, John Legend was totally willing to collaborate with Kelly Clarkson. She said, “I got John Legend to say yes, and he’s cool. I can get country artists to sing with me and John Legend! I’m gonna keep John Legend. He’s super credible and talented. I feel very good about myself with that one.” We feel good about it, too, Kelly!

Also, Kelly Clarkson says she doesn't want to work with "crap people" and she's been very critical in the past of other artists. While watching the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards that included performances by Miley Cyrus (and her infamous memorable duet with Robin Thicke), Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, she tweeted: "Just saw a couple performances from the VMA's last night. 2 words.... #pitchystrippers."

Now, if she can just get Taylor Swift to collaborate with her, she'll be all set.

Kelly Clarkson has had two No. 1 albums, three No. 1 singles, and eight top-10 hits in the 13 years since she was crowned the first "American Idol" winner. Yet, these days she says she can't find anyone to work with her which is why John Legend is here to help.

Also, earlier this month, Kelly Clarkson opened up to ET Canada about her post-pregnancy vocal scare, and revealed that she actually thought her singing career was over. She also hasn't been too shy about openly criticizing other artists in the past. In addtion, she, whose previous collaborations include recordings with Jason Aldean, her stepmother-in-law Reba McEntire, and Vince Gill, added on BBC Radio 1 that she isn't taking the snubs too personally.

I mean, if Kelly Clarkson can collaborate with country stars like Carrie Underwood (sorry to break it to ya, Carrie Underwood could've done better if she can do a crossover appeal for pop audiences and makes pop music and not just country music so that way she will be a pop star too), why didn't she collaborate with pop stars too like Rihanna? Now, if only Iggy Azalea can collaborate with Kelly Clarkson, that would be great.

What do you think? Are you just as surprised as we are to hear the news? Would you sing on a record opposite Kelly Clarkson? When Piece By Piece drops on March 3, will you check it out? Do you think her song with John Legend will be popular? Can you believe that so many people have turned her down? Do you feel bad that she feels like "the plague"? Leave your words of encouragement in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment