Thursday, March 24, 2016

Meghan Trainor Teases NO Music Video

I'm back. This post will be my 150th post. Thank you for all my support on my latest music blog for nearly 2 years and I will continue to make great articles on upcoming music news and recent happening on some of the music business. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Back in 2014, a new pop artist that saved Epic Records named Meghan Trainor has released All About That Bass. All About The Bass is not only Meghan Trainor's most successful song in her career but also the most successful Epic Records single in the entire Epic Records history. The music video for All About That Bass is not only the most viewed Meghan Trainor music video with more than 1.3 billion views on Vevo/YouTube, but it's the most viewed Epic Records music video of all time. Early last year, Meghan Trainor released her debut album, Title. So far, Title sold 1 million albums in the US making it the second selling album by a female artist of 2015 in the US behind Adele's 25 which now sold more than 7 million copies in the US. Meghan Trainor has won her first Grammy at the 2016 Grammy for Best New Artist. Now, she's back and she has teased the music video for her new single, NO which came out on March 4 and the the latest music video has uploaded to YouTube and Vevo 3 days ago. NO will be part of Meghan Trainor's sophomore album, Thank You, which will be released on May 13, 2016. Meghan Trainor's Vevo account now has almost 5 million subscribers on YouTube.


So far, according to Wikipedia, "In an interview with Fuse's Jason Lipshutz, Trainor stated the song is "a big anthem for ladies about telling a dude, 'Nah, I'm good—I’m out here on my own, and I'm good with it.'" She also said "The scene is me in a club, and the dude comes up to me and I go, 'No no no. I don't need your hands all over me. I'm good. I'm gonna dance on my own with my girls.'" Billboard gave a preview of the lyrics: "My name is 'no'/My number is 'no.'" Musically, she described the material as "something that's not on the radio" and "different." Referring to the meeting, Trainor revealed label director L.A. Reid, told the singer she didn’t have a proper lead single yet for her upcoming album: “he said I have an album of Nice Meghan". Trainor said it took little time to craft the song with producer Ricky Reed. “I told my producer we needed a big eff-you song, an anthem about girl power that sounded like nothing on the album. We wrote it that day.” She added “I was too scared to go by myself [play the final result for Reid]. L.A. played it 29 times—and we kept counting. I’ll never forget that moment.” Ultimately, the song changed the direction of its parent album, as they started experimenting with new musical styles and produced six more tracks."

Also, according to Wikipedia, ""No" debuted at number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100, marking her highest entrance among seven entries so far. The single opened at number 2 on Digital Songs with 113,000 sold in its first week of release. "No" also debuted at number 21 on Radio Songs (46 million in airplay audience), marking the highest debut on the chart since Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" debuted at number 6 more than five years prior. "No" added 3.3 million first-week domestic streams, without an official music video or audio on Trainor's Vevo channel." And, ""In an interview with Time magazine, Trainor confirmed the filming of the accompanying music video took place on March 4, 2016. The music video was released on March 21, 2016 on Trainor's Vevo page. Visually darker than her previous clips, the singer joins a female dance troupe in a warehouse. Joe Lynch from Billboard opined "Trainor gives serious early '00s Britney and mid '90s Madonna vibes. It's a much sexier look than we're used to seeing from Trainor, but she owns it." For Fuse's Emilee Lindner, Trainor is "shedding the bubblegum pink and pastel blues of her Title era and delving in the darkness of her new ginger-haired persona."

NO's composition was compared by several critics to Jive Records artists of the early 2000s like Britney Spears and NSync, as the song draws influences from doo-wop and pop, with lyrics about men who "can’t take the hint" when their advances towards women are rejected.

But wait, that's not all...

It appears that the music video takes place in a warehouse where Meghan Trainor joins a female dance troupe as I emntioned earler and according to Wikipedia (again), "Critics observed the video's sexual nature as a noticeable departure from Trainor's previous work. It received comparisons to the works of Madonna and Britney Spears."


Woah, talk about Meghan Trainor's hot and sexiness in her NO music video. It seems that Meghan Trainor's sexiness has serious vibes of mid 1990s Madonna and early 2000s Britney Spears of 1994-2003. Plus, Meghan Trainor looked hot in this music video. Let's hope the song reaches number 1 on a Billboard chart. Especially NO reached number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming her fifth consecutive top-15 song, and the highest debut on the Radio Songs chart since Lady Gaga's Born This Way as well as peaking at number 13 on both the US Adult Pop Songs and US Pop Songs charts. Make it happen, Meghan Trainor.

What are your thoughts on the music video? What do yout think of Meghan Trainor gives serious early '00s Britney and mid '90s Madonna vibes in the music video?

No comments:

Post a Comment