Friday, September 15, 2017

Selena Gomez Reveals Kidney Transplant

Fans are showering Selena Gomez with love today. Yesterday morning, Selena Gomez posted three photos in a gallery on Instagram and dropped a major health bomb. Over the summer she had to undergo surgery as part of her ongoing Lupus treatment.


The pop singer posted a photo in a hospital bed holding hands with her best friend Francia Raisa in an identical hospital bed next to her. Selena Gomez’s caption reveals what exactly is going on in the photo writing, “I'm very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn’t promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of. So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and was recovering. It was what I needed to do for my overall health.”


She also went on to say that she looks forward to sharing her journey over the past few months with fans. SelGo also thanked her doctors, family, and team for helping her through her recovery. And the Slow Down singer ended with one major thank you writing, “And finally, there aren’t words to describe how I can possibly thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa. She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much sis.”


In addition to the adorable hand-in-hand photo, She bravely shared a photo of her surgery scar and one of her examining her scar in the bathroom. It’s no surprise fans have been rallying around Selena Gomez and Francia in support. Fans took over the comments on the Instagram post and are sharing messages of love and tons of heart emojis. Over on Twitter the hashtag #WeAreProudOfYouSelena trended with messages like this one, “Definition of strength. This inspires me so much. You're amazing, you warrior.” Another user wrote, “These photos hurt, but they are also the most beautiful, showing true friendship and a real, strong woman.”

What do you think of Selena Gomez’s best friend giving her the gift of life? Leave your thoughts and get well message here in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment