Monday, October 20, 2014

My Taylor Swift's 1989 Predictions

Only 7 days left until Taylor Swift's fifth album, 1989, came out and I will get a quick start on my predictions for Taylor Swift's 1989.

Now, as you may know that I will be making my predictions for the entire 1989 era. But first, the album's US sales.

My 1989 Album Sales Prediction:
US, first week: 300k-700k

Guess Predictions:
US, first week: 700k-1 million

Now, as you may notice that Red sold 1.2 million copies in the US during its first week. So 1989 might sold less than Red or Speak Now. So I was thinking about selling between 400k and 700k copies on its first week. But if the sales are once again more than 1 million copies, then its a win for Taylor Swift. But, if it sold less than 1 million, then about 500k-700k copies in its first week would be fine for a Taylor Swift album. See what I'm saying?

Now for the US sales, it might gonna sold less than Taylor Swift's 4 albums from 2006-2012. So I was saying, I think that 1989 might be a regular success rather than a huge success because 1989 will not have any country music at all, just pop. So selling more than 2 million copies in the US will be good for a Taylor Swift album. So it will stay at number 1 at the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart for either 1 week or 2 weeks and then drop below to number 2 or below if the album's sales were in the top 10 for, I would say, more than 2 weeks. Now, let's talk about my predictions for Taylor Swift's 1989 era predictions. So let's check it out.

Now, as you may notice that 2 months ago when Taylor Swift announce her 1989 album and her really funny number 1 pop song, Shake It Off on August 18 throughout Yahoo, she talks about 1989 was classified as her first pop album. Then Taylor Swift performs Shake It Off at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards so that way Shake It Off will be at number 1 on Billboard Hot 100 chart. Then last month, Taylor Swift performed this song at the IHeartRadio Festival 2014 alongside Love Story, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, I Knew You Were Trouble and 22. Also last month, she announced Bad Blood off of the Rolling Stone cover. Bad Blood is a bout Katy Perry. I covered that last month. So go check it out if you haven't. Then this month, we have Out Of The Woods and she was promoted at Subway. She will then appear in a new Diet Coke commercial where she encountered a truckload of nice fuzzy kittens. Her cat, Olivia appeared at the end of the commerical. Now let's talk about my predictions for Taylor Swift's 1989 era right now.

My 1989 Era Predictions:
2014:
October 2014:
Out Of The Woods (already out last week)
1989 launch on October 27
November 2014:
Probably another Taylor Swift music video (either Bad Blood or Out Of The Woods or so on)
Taylor Swift marathon on MTV
December 2014:
Taylor Swift turns 25 on December 13
Jingle Ball Festival
2015:
2015 Grammys
Taylor Swift's 1989 Tour
Another Taylor Swift music video for one of her songs off of 1989
Possibly a Taylor Swift 2015 single (much like 2013's Highway Don't Care)
2015 MTV Video Music Awards
2015 American Music Awards
The end of 1989 tour by the end of 2015
Possible a 2015 Taylor Swift Christmas EP and probably her first Christmas single music video

OK, these are my predictions. Then after the 1989 era is done, Taylor Swift will be moving on to her tenth anniversary of her career with her greatest hit album and then her 10th anniversary tour. OK, I hope my read my article on my predictions for her 1989 era. Keep in mind that the 1989 era don't last very long unlike her Fearless/Speak Now/Red eras. So keep in mind of that. Trust me, 1989 will be her short era and it will end by the end of next year.

So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment